|At the Valley Green Farm, we’re doing what we love best, so it never really feels like work… That is, until our tired feet complain!
Last night, I decided to give my achy feet some real pampering. Today, my tootsies are so happy I thought I’d share my secret recipe for success.
Cindy’s Recipe for Achy, Tired & Max’d-out Feet:
~ Bathtub filled with 4 to 5 inches of very warm water.
~ 2 scoops of DermaSens™ Colloidal Oatmeal & Himalayan Salt Bath Soak
~ 2 scoops of Wildflower Honey Sugar Scrub in Peppermint flavor
~ Foot brush, loofah, scrubby pad or bath puff
~ 2 shots of Hydration Plus Tea Tree Peppermint Bath & Shower Wash
~ Crème de Cocoa Honey Butter
~ Fabulous Foot Cream
~ Loose-fitting comfy socks
1. Under running tap, add 2 scoops of Oatmeal & Salt bath soak. Slosh to spread through the water. Sitting on the edge of the bathtub, drop those tired feet into that nice, warm foot bath. Soak feet in oatmeal and salt blend for 5 minutes.
2. Remove one foot from water and rest on opposite knee. Place 1 scoop of sugar scrub onto foot and begin massaging over entire area, including ankles. Use your thumbs to massage the sugar and oils down your Achilles tendon, through your heel, arch of foot, and each toe. Place foot back into water and repeat process with other foot. (Don’t stand up yet – your feet will be very slippery!)
3. Next, apply a quarter-size amount of bath and shower wash to your foot brush, loofah or scrubby pad, and gently scrub each foot and ankle to exfoliate and cleanse.
4. Drain the bathtub, and turn on some cool (not cold) water. Place each foot under the tap, and rinse well. Be careful standing up as feet may still be slippery.
5. Outside the tub, dry feet well with an absorbent towel. Apply a nickel-size amount of Crème de Cocoa Honey Butter to each foot, and massage it well into the skin, paying particular attention to heels and any calloused or cracked areas.
6. Next, apply a generous amount of Fabulous Foot Cream to feet, ankles and calves. Massage the cream into the skin, and enjoy that cool peppermint tingle!
7. Slip on a pair of comfy, loose-fitting socks, put up your feet, and relax!
With tap-dancing tootsies all through the day,
Cindy DeVore &
The Hardworking Team at Valley Green